Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Adoption

Tonie Pereira’s blog (Feb 04, 14)

What an incredible day we had today in Haiti, a true roller-coaster of mixed emotions. At some times, I caught myself deeply saddened and often speechless as I observed so many people living in tents, eating, drinking, sleeping in the midst of ruble, smelly trash, dirt and open sewage. Those images were heart breaking. But at other times I was amazed to watch the kids singing to God with the most pure joy, excitement and passion one can have.





What shocked me the most though was when we were leaving the orphanage, and this thought came to my mind: “At the end of the day, I have a place I can go to, I have a loving wife waiting for me at home, I have a wonderful family and I can lean on, … these kids don’t. They live in that very same house day and night. They have no choices. They are orphans”. On one hand I was happy to see that they had a safe loving place to live, but on the other, for different reasons, they do not have their paternal families. They are still orphans.

That’s when the Word of God reminded that … just like those kids, we were all orphans at one point, but God has chosen to adopt us through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. We now have a home, we now have a family, and we now have a Father. So … my word of the day is “adoption” – the utmost proof of God’s love for each one of us.



“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.” Ephesians 1:3-6 (NKJV)

Tonie Pereira

No comments:

Post a Comment