Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 2: Mother Theresa's and Gertrude's orphanage

Hey Everyone! Julie here. If you didn't know I'm on this trip as the photographer and videographer, so I get to experience this trip not only through my own eyes, but through the experiences of others as I capture their moments and emotions. Pretty sweet.

Today, however, we went to 2 orphanage's. One where I wasn't allowed to shoot anything, per the request of the orphanage staff. So I was able to just hold the sick babies, and play with the children.

It was quite the experience seeing actual sick and dying children. Personally, I've been on mission trips before but I've never actually experienced holding a child that could die today or tomorrow. It really was heart wrenching, and their faces, were just beautiful.

The second orphanage was Gertrude's for the mentally handicapped orphans. We had an incredible opportunity to play music for the children. And by 'we', I mean the guys. HA. The kids went crazy they LOVED it! And so did the rest of the team.

There are great things in store for the rest of the week, God is going to rock this team and change us all from the inside out. I'm so excited for the stories we will return with.










If you have never been on a missions trip, what the heck are you waiting for. DO IT NOW.






Julie Salzmann
Healing Haiti Mission Team Member

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photos Julie! I can't wait to see more of them you all get back! The kid are beautiful and obviously love having all of you there. Continue listening to what God wants all of you to do and learn there and share the message when you get back!

    ReplyDelete